Sunday, May 4, 2008

More Che in Cuba and Bolivia

I found a few more interesting photos of Che billboards and paintings in Cuba and Bolivia. Click the image to be taken to the original URL.

Here are the two from Cuba. One is a road sign and the other is of a stencil painting on the outside of a ration shop.

Here are a couple of stencil paintings on the outside of buildings in Bolivia.
According to the photographer, the last image from Bolivia was taken in La Higuera. This is the town Che was imprisoned in for a day before being executed.

Notes on data collection:
All images were found on Flickr. For the images from Cuba, I logged onto Flickr, selected the Groups drop-down menu and chose Search for a Group. The search keywords used were "Che Guevara Cuba". The search resulted in several groups, but I chose the Che Guevara group and the Ernesto group. These were picked because they yielded good examples in the past and they contain the most photos. To find the photos from Bolivia,
I did a search across everyone's uploads. Next to the Search box in the upper right-hand corner, I clicked the drop-down menu and chose Everyone's Uploads. In the new search box, I typed "Che Guevara Bolivia." This time I was specifically looking for murals or paintings on buildings in Bolivia.

No comments: