Monday, April 21, 2008

Data Collection Ideas

First Idea: interviewing people who own Che merchandise. We've already gone over this in class, however, over the weekend I met a classmate who owns the largest Che poster/flag I have ever seen. When I asked him what enticed him to buy it, he said that he bought it in Europe for only 7 Euros. I did not have any means to take a picture of it but I can go back if anyone else wants to see it.

Second Idea: My main idea for data collection would be to contact the people behind www.theCHEstore.com and www.Che-lives.com. I find it interesting that websites like these and a few others I have had the chance to explore all seem to have a wide array of Che merch but little to no facts about what political/economic motivations they have. I was expecting at least some of these sites to be leftist/non-profit organizations but I guess we'll see when they get back to me.

2 comments:

Duncan said...

Ryan - I emailed the Che Lives folks last week, haven't gotten a response yet.
D.

Daniel said...

hey, i noticed that the che lives store redirects to thechestore.com... i think the whole che lives site is just another marketing net to direct traffic to thechestore... interestingly though, che lives is registered in canada and thechestore in the US

che-lives lookup
http://tinyurl.com/3zxxrw

thechestore lookup
http://tinyurl.com/4qeorh